- Annual World Breastfeeding Week Celebration & Big Latch On - Free community event
- #TBBreastfeeds breastfeeding normalization campaign and cut-out standees featuring local families
- Breastfeeding Friendly Daycare Trainings
- Tampa Bay Breastfeeding help/resources on tbbreastfeeding.org
- Annual local breastfeeding conference and other educational opportunities for professionals and community members
- Local Florida Milk Bank milk depot sponsorship
- Quarterly general body meetings
- Assisted Brown Baby Brigade to become 501(c)3
- Distribution of educational and informational materials across the Bay area
- Advocacy efforts in conjunction with the Florida Breastfeeding Coalition
- Anytime, Anywhere
- and more!
On June 9, 2010 community members and agencies with a vested interested in improving breastfeeding outcomes came together to discuss possible solutions. During this meeting we identified multiple barriers that impacted breastfeeding initiation and duration and agreed that we should become an official taskforce named the Hillsborough County Breastfeeding Taskforce. After defining the barriers we then developed an action plan to address these concerns. By our second meeting in July we developed our vision statement, mission statement and strategies.
Our inaugural year successes included:
- A community Lunch-and-Learn awereness event
- Development of a community resource guide for professionals and parents to identify Hillsborough County resources for breastfeeding education, support and promotion
- Surveyed local hospital to capture initaition and discharge breastfeeding rates
- Facilitated a community wide breastfeeding enhancement project which included supporting a community "Anytime, Anywhere" marketing campaign to normalize breastfeeding
On January 26th, 2012 the Hillsborough County Breastfeeding Task Force became an incorporated non-profit organization and elected its first Board of Directors.
To learn more about our Board Members and Chairs, use the left-hand navigation menu.
Tampa Bay Breastfeeding Task Force Registration No: CH36471
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL
REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR
RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE